Opening Comment (presider)
We gather to praise God’s faithfulness, and to ask for grace in the work we’re called to do. Penitential Rite: To prepare ourselves to celebrate the Mass, let us call to mind our sins: (Pause) You were sent to heal the contrite of heart: Lord, have mercy. You came to call sinners: Christ, have mercy. You plead for us at the right hand of the Father: Lord, have mercy.
Introduction to the Scripture Readings
Isaiah 66:10-14 Isaiah gives a mesage of peace and hope, a sample of the kind of message the followers of Jesus bring.
Galatians 6:14-18 Paul ends his letter to the Galations with a plea for Christians to be reconciled
Luke 10:1-12, 17-20 The sending out of the 72 disciples, with instructions not to delay for any reason. These 72 are to be messengers of peace, as was foretold in the first reading.
Introduction (by the Presider) Let us ask the creator of all to help us:
- For missionaries, that they may have the courage to spread the good news with urgency (pause). Lord, hear us.
- For us, that we will be good disciples of Christ (pause). Lord, hear us
- For those whose faith is weak, that we may encourage each other (pause). Lord, hear us.
- For people at war with each other, that they may make peace (pause). Lord, hear us.
- For all who will visit our country this summer, that they may receive a warm welcome (pause). Lord, hear us.
- For the sick and downhearted, that they may have healing and peace (pause) Lord, hear us.
The presider prays for the dead, those who died during the week and those whose anniversaries occur (and the person/people for whom Mass is offered) ‘’that eternal life may be theirs, in the company of Mary and the saints’ (pause) Lord, hear us.
Conclusion (by the Presider) Glorious and mighty God, you are ever willing to come to our help, listen to the prayers your faithful people make to you, through Christ our Lord. Amen.