Candidate to become Archbishop of Lyon
Followed by Q & A
7.30 – 9.00pm Monday 23rd of November 2020
Online ZOOM event
Anne Soupa is a theologian who has put her name forward in May 2020 as a candidate for the position of Archbishop of Lyon:
- In 2020 in the Catholic Church no woman leads even one diocese, not one woman is a priest, no woman is a deacon, no woman has a vote regarding decisions at a synod,
- The exclusion of half of humanity is not only contrary to the message of Jesus Christ, but damages the Church, leaving the institution open to abuse,
- She is well known in France and has been active in her Church for 35 years, as a Bible scholar, theologian, journalist, author and President of 2 Associations.
- Everything qualifies her to say that she is capable of applying for the title of Bishop, everything makes her legitimate. But everything forbids it to her.
- If her candidature is forbidden by Canon Law, it is simply because she is a woman, that women cannot be priests and only priests when they are appointed as bishops, govern the Catholic Church.
Please book your ticket (€5) on Eventbrite
You will then be sent an email before the event with a ZOOM link