Chaplains – Irish Prison Service
Chaplains – Irish Prison Service, Nationwide, permanent full and part-time positions available
In partnership with the Irish Prison Service, Cpl Healthcare are currently recruiting for Chaplains for a number of permanent full and part-time vacancies on a nationwide basis. A panel will be formed from which current and future vacancies will be filled
Interviews will take place in Dublin in August 2018.
Current vacancies exist in the following prisons:
- Mountjoy Campus
- West Dublin Campus
- Arbour Hill
- Shelton Abbey
Future vacancies will exist across the network which also includes:
Portlaoise Prison Campus and Loughan House Open Centre, Co. Cavan
- Chaplains encourage prisoners to work towards positive lifestyle change and motivate and assist them in addressing offending behaviour and engaging with prison services as well as attend to the spiritual needs of prisoners.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the chaplains:
- Encourage and support prisoners in adapting to prison life
- Prepare prisoners for life after release as law-abiding valued members of society and help them transition from prison back to the community.
- Visit prisoners in all parts of the prison and seek to build relationships based on trust, respect and confidentiality.
- Respond, intervene and are present at times of trauma, crisis, illness and grief affecting prisoners, visiting prisoners in hospital if necessary.
- Assist prisoners in efforts to keep in touch with their families.
- Promote mutual respect between prisoners and between prisoners and staff.
Hold a recognised professional qualification in pastoral care or equivalent
Hold a recognised professional qualification in theology
Have a minimum of one years pastoral experience in a community, school or hospital setting or a prison or other similar secure setting.
Permanent full time contract
Prison Chaplain salary €37,143 – €46,953
37 hours per week on a rostered basis over 7 days
25 days annual leave
Excellent induction program and opportunities for further training and development
For a full job description and further information, please contact Cpl Healthcare today on:
Email: email@example.com or contact Brian or Stephen on 01 482 5428
The closing date for applications is Friday 3rd August 2018