Introduction (by the Presider): Sisters and brothers, standing together in the new light of this Christmas celebration, let us ask God to fill the whole world with light.
- For those who mark the birth of Christ all over the world today, that the celebration will bring a new light to their lives (pause for quiet prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For all whose lives are darkened by war and violence, especially the people of Syria, Palestine and Israel (and ________________ ), that the peace and goodwill proclaimed by the angels, may take root in their midst (pause for quiet prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For the hungry, the sick and the homeless, and all whose loneliness seems more sharp at Christmas time, that the light of Christ may brighten their lives (pause for quiet prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For our community and families, that Christ may find the same warm welcome from us as he received from Mary and Joseph and the shepherds the first Christmas (pause for quiet prayer). Lord, hear us.
- For our friends who have been taken from us in death, particularly those who have died since last Christmas, whom we remember now (pause for silent prayer), that the peace and joy of heaven may be theirs. Lord, hear us.
- For our own needs, and for our friends to whom we have sent Christmas cards and gifts (pause for quiet prayer), that God may indeed bless them. Lord, hear us
Conclusion (by the Presider): Maker of heaven and earth, your Son is born for us, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God: hear the prayers we make with confidence, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.