We are invited to reflect on the mystery of God on this Trinity Sunday, as we gather to worship the One who creates, redeems and sanctifies, three persons, one God, without end.
Penitential Rite: To prepare ourselves for this celebration, let us call to mind our sins (pause): I confess …
Introduction to the Scripture Readings
Exodus 34:4-6, 8-9 — God is described in terms of tenderness and compassion, kindness and faithfulness.
2 Corinthians 13:11-13 — A plea by Paul for unity in the Church, in the grace of Jesus, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.
John 3:16-18 — Jesus came to show God’s love for the world: no one who believes will be condemned.
The General Intercessions
Introduction (by the Presider) Let us give glory to the great God, presenting our needs with trust and confidence.
- For all believers, that they may know and experience the love of God. (Pause for silent prayer) Lord, hear us.
- For people who search for the truth, that God may embrace them with love and draw them to faith. (Pause for silent prayer) Lord, hear us.
- For all who seek peace and justice, that they may inspire the peoples of the earth to work together. (Pause for silent prayer) Lord, hear us.
- For this community, for all who worship in this place, that our Christian faith may be visible in the kind way we treat each other. (Pause for silent prayer) Lord, hear us.
- For those we have lost to death (especially N & N), that they may give glory and praise to God for ever more. (Pause for silent prayer) Lord, hear us.
- For our own needs, which we remember now… (long pause for silent prayer) Lord, hear us.
Conclusion (by the Presider) God of infinite mercy, hear the prayers of your people — who give praise for all the good things that come from you, through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Other Liturgical Suggestions
Penitential Rite a. Alternative Opening Prayer. Preface of the Holy Trinity. Eucharistic Prayer 3. Solemn Blessing 11 (Ordinary Time 2).
Songs: All people that on earth do dwell’; ‘Immortal, invisible, God only wise’; ‘Holy God We Praise Thy Name’.